2014 has brought many changes to my world, and as the year begins to wind down, I settle into my new adventure.
At the end of July, the retail store front on Dale Mabry closed for good. The plaza was sold in June, and the new owners made it clear that they intended to tear it down to redevelop the property. Lemons. A barrel full of them. As it happens, I’m an optimist. I can’t settle on the negative and pout for long. There are too many wonderful ways to spend your life. …and so my new life began to take shape in my mind.
What do I do now? I love yarn… I love to teach… I love to knit… I love to crochet… I love to weave… I love my sweetie more than anything! I don’t love to drive… I like to be creative… I love color… I love to work on a gazillion things at once… Seems to me that I should be able to make this work.
…and so it began to form. A new partnership with a great friend from the old KnK. I’m very excited to be embarking on this adventure with my friend and fellow fiber addict Joan Hughes.
Welcome to the new Knit ‘n Knibble… Check out our new site!
- We offer lessons – where and when you need us.
- We are building a selection of yarns and needles in our online store.
- We are designing patterns for the yarns we stock, and those we just love to work with.
- We provide hand knit/hand crochet finishing and repair services.
- We create beautiful hand crafted items for sale.
- We will knit, crochet, or weave items for you.
We’re still tweaking the site, and adding items. You’ll want to refresh your browser from time to time.
So if you see me around town… I’m relaxed. I’m loving this new life! Yarn! Knitting! Crocheting! Weaving! Teaching! Designing! Color! Time to spend with my sweetie! Ok, so I’m still not loving the driving.
Seems to me that my barrel of lemons has quickly turned into lemonade with a side of lemon cake.