Socks? These socks?

June 9, 2013 2:24 pm | by

Well they took a while.  Not because they took a while to knit – though they did.  I think I ended up ripping out just as many stitches as I knit!  Sizing was my issue at first – I neglected to figure in any negative ease, so my first stocking just ran down my leg.  Not able to bear the thought of ripping it out, I started the second stocking with my second skein of Sprout, and finished it on the way to market back in January.  It sat peacefully in the file drawer in my office for months waiting for a mate.  Finally having found the nerve to rip out the original elephant stocking, I began work on the replacement back in March.  Things happened.  My mind wasn’t what it needed to be.  That beautiful traveling cable proceeded to travel right around the back of the stocking… instead of the front where it belonged.  Where did I discover this?  Just about the time I was to begin the heel flap.

Time out.  The stocking deserved some serious time out.  I really was beginning to believe that it would end up in a closet somewhere.  …and yet…

The saga of the German Stockings has finally come to a close.

FinishedDone!

Jenna, I’m wearing mine to the anniversary sale.  I’m wearing short pants.  I’ll look quite silly, but I really don’t care.   They are done.  …and they WILL stay up.

I used a teensy little crochet hook with some elastic thread to keep the stockings up.  Slipped stitches worked into the knit stitches on the inside of the twisted ribbing about every 3rd row.  I think I may have worked it a little tight.  Hopefully my feet won't fall off!

I used a teensy little crochet hook with some elastic thread to keep the stockings up. Slipped stitches worked into the knit stitches on the inside of the twisted ribbing about every 3rd row. I think I may have worked it a little tight. Hopefully my feet won’t fall off!

Tags: ,

Comments are closed here.